MRUniversity launched its country-specific lessons by starting with India. In nearly 50 videos we cover key aspects of India’s history, economics, politics and culture from the viewpoint of development economics.
We encourage you to enhance these videos by uploading your own content and telling us your experience with any of these issues. Got an idea for a lesson? Do you have some materials that would greatly add to the discussion of one of our videos? Or do you have a personal story to tell about how one of the issues in the videos has impacted your life? We want to hear it! To begin, just click on any of our videos and go to the section called "user contributions and related materials." We will be checking them and promoting the best ones on the page.
In these lessons on India, we cover:
- India’s history of economic growth, including the British influence
- The impact of the East India Company on the development of India
- Whether land reform has really helped India
- What happened to poverty when the country moved to freer trade?
- The Indian history of labor market regulation
- The struggles of the agricultural sector in India
- Significant contributions of Indian economists
- And finally, the economics of Bollywood
Get started by clicking on the videos below: